Felicia Kemi Segun is a Partner in the Energy and Project Finance Group of the Firm. She is based in Lagos.
With over 24 years of legal practice experience, Kemi possesses deep expertise in energy and project finance matters and particularly in joint ventures and the acquisition and disposal of petroleum exploration and production companies interests as well as in the downstream sector. She is responsible for advising many international companies on foreign investment laws, corporate establishments and accreditation issues, the Nigerian licensing regime and generally on strategic alliances in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry. Kemi advises on petroleum taxation, general business compliance and commercial matters ancillary to corporate activities and also advises oil company independents on structuring their entry into the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry either through direct acquisitions (licensing rounds or discretionary allocations), farm in or stock transfers, on relevant laws regulating entry and operations, and generally on transactional matters within the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. Kemi also heads the power practice of the firm and advised on Nigeria’s first independent power project financing.
Key Industry Sectors:
Energy and Project Finance, Corporate & Commercial, Electricity, Petroleum Law and Practice.
Having graduated from the University of Ife with a B.A. Honours (History) in 1986 and subsequently obtaining an LLB from the University of Lagos in 1990, Kemi was admitted to the Nigerian Bar in 1991.
Kemi is a member of the following organisations:
• The Nigerian Bar Association
• The International Bar Association
• Global Women Petroleum & Energy Group Club
• Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
• Chairperson of the Energy and Environment Committee, Section on Business Law, Nigerian Bar Association
· IFLR 1000 Leading Lawyer 2020 – Highly regarded in Energy and infrastructure, Banking, Project finance and M&A practice areas.
· Who’s Who Legal: Nigeria – Global Elite Thought Leader 2020 in the Energy category.
· IFLR 1000 Leading Lawyer 2019 – Highly regarded in Energy and infrastructure, Banking, Project finance and M&A practice areas.
· IFLR 1000 Women Leaders - 2019 and 2020.
· Chambers Global Guide – Band 1 in Projects & Energy, 2019 and 2020.