Sola Adepetun is a Partner in the Energy and Project Finance Group of the Firm and also, a Founding Partner. He is based in Lagos.
Over his 37 year career, Sola has garnered experience in energy and project finance law issues particularly in relation to oil & gas development project negotiations. He also has extensive experience in the acquisition and disposal of petroleum exploration and production interests. His focus is on providing clear and concise advice to international companies on foreign investment laws, corporate establishment and accreditation issues, the Nigerian licensing regime and general strategic alliances in the Nigerian oil & gas industry.
Having graduated from the University of Lagos in 1981 and subsequently obtaining an LLM from the University of London: London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), Sola Adepetun was admitted to the Nigerian Bar in 1982.
He is also a member of the following organisations:
- African Institute of Petroleum (Associate Director)
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Bar Association Section on Energy & Natural Resources Law.
- The Petroleum Club Lagos
- Governing Council of the Bank Directors Association of Nigeria
- Past Member of the Oil & Gas Sector Reform Implementation Committee (“OGIC”) of the National Council of Privatization
- African Petroleum Management Institute (Associate Director)
Sola is a highly accomplished lawyer and this fact has been recognised in various international legal directories such as The Legal 500, Chambers Global Guide, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal.