The Rivers State Judiciary, to ensure speedy and efficient dispensation of justice, has introduced an electronic affidavit process in its registry. The initiative was driven and necessitated by the need to utilize technology in managing courts proceedings, especially in the present pandemic era.
Some benefits of the initiative include
· Accessibility: Parties can now depose to affidavits before the courts of Rivers State in any part of the world.
· Data security: the data provided is secured and protected.
· User-friendly: It is easy to use and the process can be completed without an intermediary
· Time efficiency: It is automated and fast unlike the manual method of filing an affidavit.
The following are the steps taken to utilize the electronic affidavit initiative
1) Log on to https://rivcomis.riversstate.gov.ng/
2) Sign up and then log in to gain access
3) Select the affidavit type (e.g. name change, date of birth, identity check, etc)
4) Fill the request form, upload passport and signature
5) Ensure your entry is correct
6) Proceed to make payment
We believe that the electronic affidavit initiative is a commendable development as it shows the River State Judiciary’s commitment to an effective and efficient administration of justice in this new fast-paced era of technology.
The contents herein are meant for the general information of our clients and friends and do not amount to legal advice. Adepetun Caxton-Martins Agbor & Segun accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from reliance on information contained in this publication. All enquiries may be made to email@example.com.
Adepetun Caxton-Martins Agbor & Segun by telephone (+234 1 462 2094), fax (+234 01 461 3140)